Requisition # HRC0974772C
With your help, we can change the future of healthcare!
The Cedars-Sinai Biomanufacturing Center (CBC) is a state-of-the art facility that comprises of a cGMP cell manufacturing facility housing multiple cleanroom cell production suites and process development rooms for producing the next generation of cell and gene therapies. With world class expertise in stem cell (iPSC) biology, bioprocessing, translational, regulatory and manufacturing, Cedars-Sinai is committed to pushing the frontiers of medicine and discovering new technologies and innovations that will impact how we diagnose and treat disease.
To learn more about the CBC, please visit Home – CSBIO (csbiomfg.com)
Are you ready to be a part of groundbreaking research?
The Sanitation Technician is responsible for the regular cleaning and sanitization of all manufacturing, production, laboratory, office, and storage areas in the Biomanufacturing Center. This position works in activities associated with the sanitation of controlled areas in accordance with current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) and Quality Assurance procedures. The Sanitation Technician will follow all applicable company standard operating procedures (SOPs) and policies to ensure aseptic and sanitary conditions are maintained. The Sanitation Technician follows established safety practices and performs all tasks in a safe manner while promoting a safe work environment.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Strictly adheres to Safety and Good Manufacturing Practice Standard Operating Procedures (GMP SOPs) and performs related documentation clearly and legibly.
- Participates in continuous training including cGMP training, technical skills, safety, and performance improvement.
- Performs sterile and non-sterile stocking, staging and shifting of usable garments for gowning rooms.
- Replenishes supplies such as cleaning and disinfecting chemicals, soap & paper towels, and others as required. Notifies appropriate supervisor of order requests when supplies are low.
- Performs sanitization per GMP regulations and SOPs using sterile supplies like wipes, pre-saturated 70% isopropyl alcohol wipes (IPA70%), bucket liners, mop covers, etc.
- Follows Cleaning SOPs to determine the amount of USP purified water and disinfectants needed to prepare a sufficient amount of disinfectant solution for different areas and types of cleaning.
- Performs routine, partial, and full cleaning of GMP manufacturing area using approved disinfectants like Decon-Quat and Decon-Spore following cleaning procedure SOP.
- Performs sanitizations per SOP in a systematic manner for manufacturing cleanroom areas (wipe floors, walls, ceilings, etc.)
- Removes regular trash and bio-hazard waste from facilities, and disposes of the waste following SOPs.
- Inspects premises for unsanitary practices and conditions and reports findings to the appropriate supervisor.
- Maintains orderly and clean work and storage areas.
- No degree is required. High School Diploma/GED is preferred.
Experience & Skills:
- No experience is required. One (1) year of cleaning related experience – hospital, pharmaceuticals, biotechnology, or similar manufacturing, is preferred.
- Collaborates to problem solve and make decisions to achieve desired outcomes.
- Establishes effective working relationships with cross-functional team(s).
- Responds timely, effectively, and appropriately to deliverables.
- Shares knowledge, time, and expertise to assist other members of the team.
- Cultivates and maintains strong customer relationships and rapport with stakeholders and/or client groups.
- Skilled in effective communication methods (written, verbal, non-verbal, and electronic) when dealing with vendors and cross-functional colleagues.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing (required).
Working Title: Sanitation Technician – GMP Biomanufacturing Center
Department: CS Biomanufacturing Facility
Business Entity: Academic / Research
Job Category: Facilities
Job Specialty: Maintenance
Position Type: Full-time
Shift Length: 8 hour shift
Shift Type: Day
Base Pay:$16.04 – $23.99