Requisition # HRC0937659A
With your help, we can change the future of healthcare!
The Cedars-Sinai Biomanufacturing Center (CBC) is a state-of-the art facility that comprises of a cGMP cell manufacturing facility housing multiple cleanroom cell production suites and process development rooms for producing the next generation of cell and gene therapies. With world class expertise in stem cell (iPSC) biology, bioprocessing, translational, regulatory and manufacturing, Cedars-Sinai is committed to pushing the frontiers of medicine and discovering new technologies and innovations that will impact how we diagnose and treat disease. To learn more about the CBC, please visit GMP Biomanufacturing Services | Cedars-Sinai.
Are you ready to be a part of groundbreaking research?
The Biomedical Assistant works in activities associated with the maintenance of controlled areas in accordance with company procedures and GMP policies. May perform laboratory tests, experiments, and analyses under the supervision of the manager, and/or scientist. As part of the Manufacturing team, the Biomedical Assistant follows standard operating procedures (SOPs), good laboratory practices (GLPs), and ensures all laboratory equipment and work areas are clean, sterile, and in proper working order.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preparation of sterile and non-sterile stock and working solutions.
- Cleans and maintains laboratory area(s), equipment and glassware.
- May support experimentation and production activities as directed.
- Documents information by maintaining daily logs, equipment record books and/or computer database(s). Drafts standard operating procedures.
- Maintains daily lab equipment operations by following operating instructions, troubleshooting breakdowns, maintaining supplies, performing preventive maintenance and calling for repairs, as needed.
- Responsible for administering laboratory supplies ready by inventorying stock, placing orders and verifying receipt.
- May be responsible for calibration of instruments.
- Performs general tasks and completes routine assignments.
- Receives assistance in the completion of more complex assignments.
- High School Diploma/GED, required.
Experience and Skills:
- One to three (1 – 3) years of related experience in a lab or industrial setting.
- Ability to interpret and apply knowledge of State, Federal, and Agency standards following regulations.
- Ability to provide and/or support a level of work excellence and accuracy; recognize and address flaws or errors that others may overlook.
- Ability to convey and/or receive written/verbal information to/from various audiences in different formats.
- Ability to operate mechanical/medical devices and/or equipment.
- Ability to demonstrate time management and priority-setting skills.
- Working Title: Biomedical Assistant – Research & Development – Biomanufacturing Center
- Department: CS Biomanufacturing Facility
- Business Entity: Academic / Research
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Biomanufacturing
- Job Specialty: Biomanufacturing
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu) and COVID-19. For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through April each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment, subject to medical exemption or religious accommodation. For the same reason, you may also be required to receive other vaccines such as COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Cedars-Sinai reserves the right to make modifications to its required list of vaccines as required by law and/or policy.